BECOME A CRITICAL ACCESS HOSPITAL CODING & BILLING SPECIALIST (CAH-CBS)
2 Day Coding and Billing for Critical Access Hospitals (CAH) Course Overview
This VIRTUAL LIVE Bootcamp series covers what revenue cycle and coding/billing staff in CAHs need to know related to their documentation, professional and facility coding, and medical billing processes.
We will describe the vital areas that affect all members of the CAH workforce related to CPT, HCPCS-II,& ICD-10-CM coding and billing; focusing on their impact on revenue, facility mission, population and public health reporting.
- Coders/billers who have come from “traditional provider offices or hospitals” or are new to the unique nature of billing for the services Critical Access Hospitals and/or Small Rural Hospitals will benefit by gaining a better understanding of the CAH designation and CAH-specific rules for coding/billing.
- Managers who hire staff, manage people and policies, supervise the coding/billing staff will benefit by gaining a high-level overview of CAH designation criteria and the systems/processes required to main CAH status with emphasis on coding/billing.
- Providers who create clinical documentation (e.g. MD/DO/PA/NP) will benefit by gaining a better understanding the coding/billing nuances that are specific to different hospital service areas.
Session #1 – August 4, 2021
- Introduction and Testing Details
- Overview of CAH Designation and Cost-Based Reimbursement
- Introduction/Review of Coding Manuals
- Swing Bed and Inpatient Coding
- Outpatient/Ancillary Facility Coding
- Emergency Department Facility and Professional Fee Coding
Session #2 – August 5, 2021
- Same Day Surgery and Anesthesia Coding
- Hospital Professional Fee Coding
- Billing and reimbursement overview for Swing bed, Inpatient facility, Hospital Outpatient facility, and hospital professional fees
- Method I, Method II, and CRNA Pass-through payment option
- Revenue codes and their relationship to CPT codes, Billing, Compliance, and cost reporting
- Guidance on how improving current billing practices and systems can translate into increased revenues
- Identification of common issues that impact denials
- COVID-19 Coding/Billing Updates
Virtual Live Arch Pro Bootcamps are presented with multi-screen view, optional webcam access, allowing for seamless Q&A with video. INCLUDED: class slides, optional certification exam, and support.
CEUs – 11 CEUs Approved by AAPC & ArchProCoding
CAH Final Exam – Upon completing the live class authorized attendees will be able to take the Critical Access Hospital Coding and Billing online certification exam. The exam is 100 questions and is scored immediately if a 70% is achieved. The certification for Critical Access Hospital Coding & Billing Specialist (CAH-CBS) will be granted by the Association for Rural & Community Health Professional Coding.