The Great Lakes ATTC offers this training to behavioral health professionals in HHS Region 5: IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, and WI.
October 6, 13, and 20
This training is from 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM CST. Please add to your calendar manually.
Motivational Interviewing is an evidence-based practice used to help people overcome their ambivalence about change. In this interactive, skills-based workshop, participants will have the opportunity to learn about and practice the spirit of MI and relational skills.
- Describe Motivational Interviewing: purpose, benefits and limitations
- Summarize each of the four processes in Motivational Interviewing
- Recognize differences between engagement helps and harms
- Prepare to apply the spirit of Motivational Interviewing to patient interactions
- Observe and practice fundamental skills: Listening, open-ended questions, affirmations, reflective listening, and summarization.
CEUs: 9 NAADAC CEUs will be awarded to participants who attend all three sessions. Partial credit will not be awarded.